About the Role
AllRock Consulting Ltd. is a Geotechnical/Materials Engineering firm that is looking for motivated co-op student to add to our fast-growing team. This is a unique opportunity to deliver engineering services on a wide variety of exciting projects across Newfoundland. The successful candidate will be working in fast-past team-oriented environment. Engineering Students at AllRock Consulting are exposed to all stages of construction projects from geotechnical investigation to execution and Quality Control/Quality Assurance.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Perform quality control/quality assurance testing and field inspection on various infrastructure and construction projects.
• Laboratory and field testing of soils and aggregates.
• Laboratory and field testing of cementitious products (i.e., concrete, grout).
• Inspection and field-testing during asphalt placement operations.
• Assisting project managers with field and lab staff coordination.
• Assisting project manager and engineers with report writing.
• Collaborating with various AllRock staff to best serve the needs of our diverse client base.
• Completed 2nd or 3rd year of an engineering program from a credited college.
• Maintain a full and valid driver’s license.
• Have access to a vehicle for transportation to and from construction sites.
• Strong capability to develop and maintain relationships with clients and all team members.
• Exceptional time management and organizational skills.
• Advanced understanding of word processing and spreadsheet software.
• Exceptional communication skills (verbal and written).
• Willing and able to write sections of technical documents with senior revision.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
About the Company
Geotechnical, Materials and Environmental. Dependable Service.
AllRock Consulting is known for its dependable customer service and reliable experience in the field of Geotechnical, Materials and Environmental Engineering. We have a dedicated team of technologists, engineers and project managers who are focused on design, construction and rehabilitation issues impacting the communities where we work and live.
We understand that infrastructure projects are a collaborative team effort. That’s why we work with all parties from the beginning of a project. At the end of the day, we care about getting the job done and playing our part to create quality infrastructure around the country.